I think we can all agree that life is messy, crazy, busy and sometimes magical. We all have the same 24 hour allotment in each day. So here are some ways I have found to make time for
my favorite things:
- Reduce and Simplify--I bet you've heard that before. Look at your daily routine and choose where you can eliminate the unnecessary clutter in your schedule. Give yourself permission to say, "no."
- Don't make things harder than they have to be by overthinking and worrying about stuff you can't change. Somehow it will all work out.
- Prioritize your to-do list into must do's, should-do's and bonus time (you never know, you might just find 10 whole minutes to yourself).
- Focus, don't let yourself get distracted.
- Delegate chores whenever possible. When I went back to work full-time, we taught our 5 kids, when they turned 8 years old, how to do their own laundry. This is a survival skill they will be able to use the rest of their lives! This is daughter number 3 when she was 8.She grew up to be the daughter that shares my profile pic.
- Make chore time fun by turning it into a game or competition. Race against a timer to see who can finish small chores first and award a privilege or a fun family outing.
- Save time on meal prep--use your crockpot whenever possible.
- Try make-ahead freezer meals. One cook day can yield a month's worth of dinners that you can put in your crockpot.
- Plan your errands and shopping trips and group them together. This saves time and gas. Make your menu and shopping list ahead of time. Group the items on your list by location in your favorite store so you're not running back and forth (most of the grocery stores in Utah are huge and take up a few city blocks).
- If you think of something you want to journal but haven't got the time, use a sticky note as a reminder and put it on the page where you want to post it as a place holder.
- Always keep your journal with you so you can utilize those small snippets of time waiting at the doctor's office, or in carpool lines. You can also use your notes section on your phone if you need. And yes, you can put your whole journal on your phone.