Just another werewolf story you say? Au contraire. This is a unique weave of legend, myth and fairy tale into suspense.
The main character, Tayla, definitely has her share of conflicts and struggles, more than the average teen--and that's her normal life. She is the iconic hero, injured but has untapped strength.
The climax builds upon question after question. Just when I think I know where the story is headed another twist surfaces.
We're left at the end with a lot of unknowns to be answered in Book 2. Some of my questions were answered, but I had the feeling a lot was left unsaid.
Aside from a sprinkling of typos, I found it to be a fun read. I enjoyed the plot and the characters. I look forward to finding more answers in Book 2 which comes out in about six months.
Oh, and did I mention a giveaway?! Ashley is doing lots of giveaways. To win a free ebook copy, leave me a lovely comment about your favorite scary fairy tale, along with your email address, by midnight August 6th (MDT). Thanks!
Check out the author's blog
Meet the Author
Curse of the Beast Blog Tour Schedule:
Wednesday, 1st—Enchanted Writings
· Character Interview
Thursday, 2nd—The Stubby Pencil
· Book Review and free ebook
Friday, 3rd—The Non Reluctant Reader
· Author Interview and Giveaway a free ebook
Saturday, 4th— Why not? Because I said so!
· Book Review
Sunday, 5th—Creative Thoughts
· Giveaway of a Signed Paperback copy of Curse of the Beast and swag bag
· Character interview and Short except from Star Cursed book 2
Tuesday, 7th—Debbie’s Inkspectations
· Author Interview
Wednesday, 8th—Once Upon a Twilight
· Book Review and giveaway
Thursday, 9th—A Dreamland Teenage Fantasy
· Book Review and Giveaway a free ebook.
Friday, 10th—Fire Star Books
· Author Interview and Giveaway a free ebook and a swag bag.
Saturday, 11—Read Between the Lines
· Book Review and Giveaway of a free ebook, a deck of Curse of the Beast playing cards, and a swag bag.